Saturday, September 30, 2006

Jake and Rocko

I took Jake to the vet yesterday because he ate a ton of Palm Tree seeds and was very sick. He was going to possible need surgery - which would be $500 to $1,000. When I told the lady my husband wouldn't pay for that, she asked if there was anyone that would loan us the money - I told her she didn't understand - that he wouldn't pay for it. She looked at me a little shocked. There was a couple in there waiting to see how their dog Rocko was - It was like being in the ICU for a child for them. They asked if they could see him, if his tail was wagging etc. There was a man in there talking to them of his dog who has pancreatic cancer, has had four rounds of Chemo, and is hanging on. They suggested to him that really his dog was an angel in disguise since he helped him through his divorce. They asked how he was going to be when the dog passed - the man felt that he could shake his dogs hand (the angel) and thank him and send him to his next ministry. The next man came in and popped $500 down for his dog. Then a young girl (16 or so) ran out bawling. I assumed her dog was going to die. I asked the mom what it was and she said a hamster with tumors. Five minutes later Dani and I were uncontrollablly laughing wondering what everyone in there would have thought of Robert taking our sick hamster, putting him in a trash compactor bag and taking care of Fluffy's death himself. Fortunately jake just needed an IV, which Robert did pay for...

No comments: