Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Jake


Jake had to be put to sleep today. He was fine on Monday and Tuesday morning. By last night, he looked awful. This morning we couldn't get him up. The vet said we had to put him to sleep - He did an autopsy on him and said he had a perforated bowel . He also said that it was unrelated to the last thing because he couldn't have lived that long (as it was 5 weeks ago). It must have happened three weeks ago or so and because Jake showed no difference in behavior, we had no idea. The only way he could have been saved was had we known when it happened. Poor Jake! He must have been in so much pain and never whimpered or looked sick at all. Jessy, Dani and I have cried all day. He was the best dog. Jessy is trying to talk Robert into a puppy. Poor Robert - today cost a lot of money! I don't think we will be getting a new dog any time soon :O(

3 comments:

JP said...

Sorry to hear about Jake. :-(

Drollingers said...

Robert, I'm really sad to hear about Jake. I really am. I'm just glad you spent the money to take care of Jake at the end of his life and not end his life like poor old Princess the hamster.

Drollingers said...

-John