Friday, February 16, 2007

No More Bottles

The kids and I gathered in the kitchen (Monday or Tuesday) for a "throw the bottle away" ceremony. We all kissed it and threw it in the trash...even Stephanie. We grabbed the rest of them out of the cupboard and put them in a bag. She doesn't know it but they are all on top of the fridge in the bag (yes, even right now!) I kept them just in case...not sure why I kept them but I did...probably because it was harder for me - my last baby with a bottle. I guess the next thing is potty training. She goes all the time on the potty but still wears a diaper. That's probably my fault too. She's just growing up way too fast. Not that diapers are sweet and touching or anything...

She hasn't had the bottle for 4 or 5 days. Occasionally she asks, but we remind her that we kissed it goodbye and then she asks for water or yemonade. I think I am struggling more than she is! The sad thing is that without the bottle she seems even older!

Every morning Steph comes up stairs with a HUGE smile on her face, crawls into my bed and kisses me saying in her VERY raspy voice, "good morning mommy." It is so cute. Robert gets it sometimes as many days he is gone before she is awake - but she is twice as happy when he is still there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry we tempted Steph with Andrew's bottle when we came for dinner. That was so sad. She just kept saying, "Bottle." I had no idea how fresh this event was.
Drollingers