Steph had her procedure today (see blog on 2/27). She was a trooper and did GREAT. They gave her a shot in the arm which basically put her to sleep in my arms. We then took her back and the doctor put an IV in etc. It was really strange to see her that asleep - she was out completely - I was glad when it was over but it actually went really well - it was easier than I expected. I watched the whole thing - I stayed back to stay out of their way but it was pretty interesting! The dentist said her teeth had a LOT of pits which made them very susceptible to cavities. They put sealants on the two molars that had no cavities in order to protect them! She slept about 1 1/2 hours after they were all done and then was back to her normal self - a little grumpy and tired but just fine. She was nice and thanked the doctors. There was a little boy that was in after Steph - same age - that had to have 8 teeth pulled, no crowns and then spaces put in to hold the spots! The dad was upset because he wanted him to have front teeth and they kept telling him that it couldn't be done. I felt sorry for the dad. They told me after he left that he was a really bad case and that Steph's was NOT bad - now to me - 6 cavities is bad - but not in their world I guess! When we left for the day, the poor little boy was back in for his procedure.
Dani's dentist told me 2 weeks ago that her teeth had too many pits so we are going to have her molars sealed this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor thing! I didn't realize she was put under.
Do you recommend dental insurance?????????????
Post a Comment