Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sammy

Sam did great. We ended up knocking him out at the doctor's advice. He's hilarious right now - soooo sleepy!

Sammy went into the appointment ready to have a local but the doctor said it would be better to put him to sleep. Sammy actually cried because he wanted to stay awake. I encouraged him that Stephanie did it last week! I think he was a bit afraid. It only took 20 minutes. He has been so sleepy all day. He has had yogurt, jello, apple sauce and ice cream! Jessy now says she wants her teeth pulled. The kids have been soooo cute taking care of him all afternoon - all of them have been checking on him, asking him if he needs anything, etc. Nathaniel kept saying how boring it was that Sammy was sleeping so much!

On another note, the doctor prescribed him Motrin and Tylenol with codine. Sammy has no pain, doesn't need any of the medication and probably could have done it awake!!! He's really tough! It was hard to explain to the doctor that he was weepy because that's what he does when all attention is on him, not because he was afraid of the pain! I think they were thinking - oh he's crying, we better put him out - and all along I'm know that he's crying because he really was planning on staying awake!!!

1 comment:

Drollingers said...

Good job Sam! You are such a tough cookie. love you lots.